Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Working Mama Recipes

Liam has his music, and I have..... my food. I love, love love to cook. That said, I hate to bake. Measuring at home just isn't any fun. So, this will be my first share in a series of recipes I've come to know and love. I'm no expert, but I like to make these inexpensive, uncomplicated, and yummy things up. Humor me-- try one!

Spiced Pork Tenderloin (created 12/17/05)

Pork tenderloin, about 1.5-2 lbs
Ginger
Jalapeno pepper
Serrano pepper
New Glarus Belgian Red Wisconsin Ale

Wash and salt & pepper the pork well, with plenty of pepper. Slice ginger and chilis, make slashes in the pork and insert. Wrap up and stick in the fridge for 3-5 hours. Heat the oven to 275. Brown the pork in a dutch oven with some butter. Pour in the ale, just about 1- 1.5 cups, not too much. Put in oven, cook for about an hour or 70 min, turning over once. Remove when pork is about 160 degrees. Take out the pork and set aside on cutting board, loosely covered in foil. Add 2-3 tbsp honey to the pot, and heat on high for 5 min. Drizzle the sauce on top of the pork and serve with cornbread (the good kind from Sentry, if you live in Wisconsin) and sauteed spinach with garlic. Drink a syrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment