Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scorecard

Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong.

WRONG: I didn't accurately call the selection of Arne Duncan as Education Secretary. In fact, I didn't include him on my initial list at all, but eventually did come to see the light. As Bugs Bunny might say, "What a maroon!" That said, I think Duncan's gotten off to a nice start, focusing on what works in education, and prioritizing issues such as academic standards, teacher quality, and college completion.

RIGHT: I did believe correctly that President Obama would prioritize education from the get-go. And he has. Education was mentioned as one of his top three priority issues in last month's address to a joint session of Congress. As Senator, Obama showed a commitment to education issues, including the importance of quality teachers.

My prediction for today: I will not accomplish everything on my to-do list. I certainly will not have time for a round of golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment